Questions have been raised in response to Twitter’s name change. Do you still have the ability to tweet? Why isn’t Twitter Blue known to as X Blue? And most frequently: Elon, what on earth were you thinking? Thank goodness, the microblogging site has undergone more changes than just the questionable name.
With a recent update, Twitter Blue subscribers can now download videos from Twitter directly from the app, eliminating the need for third-party downloaders for films released after July 25th, 2023. You can decide to disable downloads on any new videos that you publish if you don’t like the thought of anyone with a blue tick downloading all of your video uploads. How to download a Twitter video on X is provided here.
Can Twitter Blue subscribers download any video on X?
You must be a verified Twitter Blue subscriber in order to download a Twitter video. Prior to July 25, 2023, when the function originally became live, you won’t be able to download any videos, and you also won’t be able to download videos for which the poster has disabled downloading.
Additionally, there are age restrictions in place; if you are younger than 18, the video download setting will be turned off and cannot be turned back on. Additionally, it is difficult to view a private account’s videos to download them.
How to download a video from Twitter
Downloading a Twitter video is easy if you have a Twitter Blue subscription.
- In the X app, look for the video you want to download.
- Tap the Three Dots icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Download Video.
- Your device will save the video.
Can you stop downloads of your Twitter videos?
You can choose to turn off downloading when you create your post if you don’t want people with a Twitter Blue subscription to be able to download your videos. However, once your post is live, you won’t be able to return and modify the setting if you leave downloads enabled. If you decide that you don’t want people to download a video from a live post, your only choice is to delete the whole post. You could even completely erase your Twitter account and switch to Threads.
How to stop Twitter videos from downloading
Additionally, it is not feasible to alter the default options for downloading your videos, so you must turn off downloads for each new video you upload.
- Create your Twitter post and upload the video that you want to post.
- Tap Edit in the bottom-right corner of your video.
- Select Settings.
- Toggle Allow downloading of video. It is by default turned on.
- Post your tweet.
- Even Twitter Blue subscribers won’t have the opportunity to download your video.
Although it is an useful feature, downloading Twitter videos is now only available to Twitter Blue subscribers. Although X is clearly eager to make money from the ability to download videos, it’s possible that the business will try to prevent these apps from operating in the future. Currently, it is still possible to save videos from Twitter using third-party projects.
- Eagles defeat Tampa Bay and set a new record with a unique final score - September 27, 2023
- How to create a contact poster in iOS 17 - September 27, 2023
- Tubi launches ChatGPT-4 powered “Rabbit AI” content discovery tool - September 27, 2023