Netflix currently supports the AV1 codec when spilling to choose TVs, the organization said on Tuesday. It’s just accessible on number of devices for boot, albeit this list includes any TV that is associated with the PS4 Pro, so in the event that you have one, you can attempt Netflix AV1 streaming.
Netflix shared this lineup of supported devices:
- Select Samsung 2020 UHD Smart TVs
- Select Samsung 2020 UHD QLED Smart TVs
- Select Samsung 2020 8K QLED Smart TVs
- Samsung The Frame 2020 Smart TVs
- Samsung The Serif 2020 Smart TVs
- Samsung The Terrace 2020 Smart TVs
- Any TV associated with a PS4 Pro streaming with the Netflix application
- Select Amazon Fire TV devices with Fire OS 7 or more
- Select Android TV devices with Android OS 10 or more
Netflix noted in its blog that “we are working with external partners to enable more and more devices for AV1 streaming,” so ideally more equipment will be viable soon. Furthermore, the organization likewise says it’s “exploring” the chance of AV1 streams with HDR.
AV1 can incline toward powerful modern processors to stream better quality video with more pressure than other video codecs, and in Netflix’s testing, it saw that AV1 conveyed more higher quality videos at the equivalent bitrate as different formats and that analyzers saw less noticeable drops in video quality.
Yet, this move probably isn’t totally motivated by better streaming performance; since AV1 is an open-source codec, Netflix likewise will not need to pay sovereignties to utilize it. The codec has broad industry support and is overseen by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia), which counts Apple, Amazon, Facebook (presently Meta), Google, Microsoft, Netflix, Samsung and more as individuals.
Netflix first supported AV1 videos in quite a while Android application in February 2020. At that point, it promoted better streaming with AV1, saying it saw a 20% improvement in pressure by contrasted with the VP9 codec. In a blog post for the declaration, Netflix said its objective was to “roll out AV1 to all of our platforms,” and when we asked on Wednesday, Netflix declined to share a timeline of when someone could see Netflix AV1 streaming on d ‘different devices.
- Apple Watch Series 8 could be able to inform if you’re fever - July 4, 2022
- WhatsApp will soon enable full stealth mode - July 4, 2022
- US Independence Day 2022: Everything You Need To Know About The Fourth of July - July 4, 2022