Whoa! The revelation of 1990s heartthrob Joey Lawrence, of the hit songs “Blossom,” “Gimme a Break,” and “Nothin’ My Love Can’t Fix” fame, on the special Sunday “’90s Night” episode of Fox’s “The Masked Singer” was entirely appropriate. The most recent double masking on the show featured Lawrence and NFL running back Le’Veon Bell.
With the fewest votes, Lawrence, the Walrus, was the first to be eliminated. After competing against incumber champions Lambs in a battle royale (during which both performers alternated singing Haddaway’s “What Is Love”), Bell was later revealed to be the Milkshake. The Lambs advance to the episode of the following week after winning for the second straight episode.
Tag Team’s DC Glenn and Steve Rolln performed their 1993 anthem “Whoomp! (There It Is)” to kick off “’90s Night” (as also seen in recent years on a Geico commercial).
Robin Thicke was right about Joey Lawrence for the Walrus. Scott Wolf was what Jenny McCarthy-Wahlberg mistook for (who lived in her home for seven years, she added). Mario Lopez was chosen by Nicole Scherzinger. In Ken Jeong’s mind, John Stamos was present.
No one got Milkshake right, either. Deshaun Jackson was mistaken for Robin Thicke. T.I. was given by Nicole Scherzinger. “LL Cool J,” stated Ken Jeong. DJ Jazzy Jeff was chosen by Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg.
Along with Kat Graham as Robo Girl, Jerry Springer as the Beetle, Gloria Gaynor as the Mermaid, and Le’Veon Bell as the Milkshake, The Season 8 episode “The Masked Singer” featured Mario Cantone as Maise, Daymond John as the Fortune Teller, Barry Williams, Christopher Knight, and Mike Lookinland as the Mummies, Montell Jordan as Panther, Jeff Dunham as Pi-Rat, Chris Kirkpatrick as the Hummingbird, Eric Idle as the Hedgehog, and William Shatner as the Knight.
This season, “The Masked Singer” uses a new “King or Queen of Masked Singer” structure, making many eliminations in a single episode the norm. Each week, three to four celebrities will perform in costume, but only one will be chosen to advance to the following week’s competition against two to three more contestants.
Three finalists will participate in the semi-finals following each round, which will continue throughout the entire season. The Harp is the first to advance to the semifinals after surviving Round 1.
With costumes including “Bride,” “Avocado,” “Venus Fly Trap,” “Sir Bugaboo,” “Scarecrow,” “Hedgehog,” and “Mummies,” “The Masked Singer” starts Season 8 this year. Vegas Night, Comedy Roast, Hall of Fame, Muppets Night, Andrew Lloyd Webber Night, TV Themes, ’90s Night, Thanksgiving, and ‘Fright Night’ are just a few of the themed programmes. Donny Osmond, Andrew Lloyd Webber, The Muppets, Will Arnett, Leslie Jordan, Joel McHale, Tori Spelling, Jon Lovitz, Jodie Sweetin, Carrot Top, Blue Man Group, Lance Bass, Danielle Fishel, Sheila E., and Drew Carey are just a few of the celebrities who will be appearing this season as guests.
A total of 32 Grammy nominations, 16 Emmy wins, 8 gold albums, 4 Golden Globe nominations, 42 books, 10 Teen Choice awards, and 5 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame can be found among the Season 8 finalists.
Following are the contestants’ performances from night five:
- Song: “Ironic,” by Alanis Morissette
- Previous Song: “Hot N Cold,” by Katy Perry
- Clue: “Starring: The Lambs”
- Clue Delivered by Lance Bass of *Nsync: Reality
- Package voiceover: “Winning the battle royale last week was bananas. You know what’s better than a queen? Three queens! Lambs! We have to stay hocused! I mean, focused. We’ve got two new challenges to beat, and then it’s off to the semi-finals. You’re right boss, we can’t get weak knees now.”
- Panel guesses: The Corrs, Fifth Harmony, SWV, The Chicks
- Previous panel guesses: The Kardashians, Haim, The Chicks
WALRUS (JOEY LAWRENCE)
- Song: “Two Princes,” by Spin Doctors
- Likes: Sushi
- Clue: Comes in threes
- Clue Delivered by Lance Bass of *Nsync: TV theme songs
- Package voiceover: “You’re probably wondering how I got here. At your local mall, surrounded by a full house of screaming fans. Signing autographs and taking pictures with your mom. To tell my story, let’s take it back to the ‘90s. It all started when I tap danced on the desk of a late night talk show legend. That was just the beginning of my heartthrob origins story. Picture this: Flannel shirt, leather jacket, floppy hair. A killer zip code, and a catch phrase that’s still permanently cemented into pop culture. But every teen idol has to grow up. So I took on new roles and introduced myself to a whole new generation of screaming fans. So tonight, I’m warning you now, your mom and you are about to totally freak out.”
- Panel guesses: John Stamos, Joey Lawrence, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez
MILKSHAKE (LE’VEON BELL)
- Song: “Jump On It,” by Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Strength: Extra thick
- Clue: Unbreakable
- Clue delivered by Danielle Fishel from “Boy Meets World”: Wiz and Snoop
- Package voiceover: “Listen up close, cuz these rhymes are timely. Take a fantastic voyage back to the ‘90s. Ready for action, so pick up the blitz. Ever since I was a kid, I was makin’ hits. My rhymes made me the one the ladies admire, so I dropped a mixtape and it was certified fire. Avoided the haters, stepped in and jazzed. Biggest name in the game reached out to collab. He handed me the ball cuz I never drop it. After that day I took off like a rocket. Try and knock me down, you best not be soft. Call me Taylor Swift man, cuz I milk-shake it off. So ring that bell, I’m ready to fight. I’ll throw a knockout punch right here on ‘90s night.”
- Panel guesses: Tyreek Hill, Deshaun Johnson, Ezekiel Elliott, LL Cool J, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Nas, Ice Cube, T.I.
ROUND 1 SEMI-FINALIST: HARP
- Previous songs: “Perfect,” by Pink; “I Have Nothing,” by Whitney Houston; “Thank You for Being a Friend” (“The Golden Girls” theme song)
- Previous panel guesses: Amber Riley, Ashanti, Yvette Nicole Brown, Queen Latifah, Jordin Sparks, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Fantasia, Ariana DeBose
- On December 23rd, Ferrari’s Vision hybrid race car debuts in “Gran Turismo 7” - November 28, 2022
- Know 5 reasons to add raisin water into your diet each day based on its health benefits - November 28, 2022
- Twitter will launch verified service with colours, according to Elon Musk - November 26, 2022