If ingested in the proper quantities, ghee is said to be immensely beneficial to one’s health. As a result, doctors recommend including it in one’s diet and even eating it on an empty stomach. But, with so many different kinds of ghee on the market, how do you know which one is the healthiest?
Don’t worry, Suman, a nutritionist, has provided a helpful guide.
“Rich in nutrients: Cow ghee is a rich source of vitamin A, D, E and K that are important in ensuring normal cellular function and growth in humans. It also contains a wide range of antioxidants that prevents free radical damage in our bodies — a major cause of cardiac ailments and specific types of cancer,” according to the expert.
Ghee from cows-
- It has a yellow colour and numerous health benefits.
- Vitamin, mineral, and calcium-rich
- Fat content is lower.
- Aids children and adults lose weight and reduce obesity.
Ghee from buffalo-
- It’s white and doesn’t have a lot of health benefits.
- Phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium are abundant.
- Fat content is higher.
- Buffalo ghee is fantastic for building strong bones and growing weight.