Telegram Premium has been spoken about for a long time. Finally, the wait is over. Telegram 8.8 has recently been launched on the Apple App Store, allowing users to fully utilise Telegram’s capabilities for $4.99 per month. Existing features are, as expected, still available for free. Those who wish to get their hands on some of the new features, however, will have to pay a monthly fee.
The update is still not accessible on the Google Play Store as of this writing. The company, on the other hand, has a habit of releasing important upgrades for all platforms on the same day. So, provided the publishing process works successfully, you should see that version within a day or two.
The following are all of the Premium features:
- Uploads are limited to 4GB.
- Downloads are now much faster.
- In any app, you can connect up to four accounts.
- Divide your talks into 20 folders, each with 200 chats.
- In your main list, pin 10 chats.
- You can set aside up to 20 public t.me URLs.
- Save up to 400 GIFs and 10 stickers that you like.
- For your profile, write a longer bio with links.
- For photographs and videos, use longer captions.
- Transcriptions from voice to text.
- Stickers and reactions that are unique.
- On the profile, there is a premium badge.
- Support for video profiles.
- There are no advertisements.
- More custom icons are available.
Apart from the Premium benefits, iOS version 8.8 provides certain features for both free and paid customers. In addition to bot improvements, ProMotion 120Hz support, and bug fixes, public groups now enable join requests, and there’s a new animation when sending huge files from other applications to Telegram.
These new features are beneficial to paying consumers, but they aren’t particularly appealing to non-paying users. Users who choose to utilise the service for free will likely not feel as if they are missing out on much. Nonetheless, the offerings are substantially more extensive than those of Twitter Blue, in my opinion. It remains to be seen whether a significant fraction of Telegram users ignores or subscribes to the new Premium tier.