OpenAI’s new GPT-4 model was unveiled yesterday, and Anthropic’s Claude, a competitor to ChatGPT, was also unveiled. Parallelly, Quora reported that its chatbot application Poe will presently have a paid level that will allow you to pose inquiries to bots controlled by these models.
Poe subscriptions cost $19.99 per month or $199.99 per year, and you can only currently purchase them from a Mac running iOS or Apple Silicon. The organization is working on making the paid arrangement accessible to buy on the web.
Poe was first made available to all iOS users by Quora in a closed beta in December of last year.
In a Twitter thread, Quora CEO Adam D’Angelo stated that paying users can chat with GPT-4 and Claude+ (version 1.2) bots. Sadly, these models can only answer a finite number of questions on the paid tier. Poe sets a monthly usage limit of 300 GPT-4 and 1,000 Claude 1.2 messages. The service stated that “bot availability or quality may be reduced” once a user reaches the monthly limit.
Free users can currently test and ask these models one question per day for free. According to D’Angelo, users can interact with ChatGPT, Claude, Sage, and Dragonfly indefinitely. These models, according to Poe, have distinct roles and characteristics. The company describes these bots as follows:
- Although it is more likely to decline to answer questions, Claude usually performs better on many creative writing tasks.
- Particularly in languages other than English, Claude+ is significantly superior to Claude. It also provides responses in English that are more in-depth than Claude’s.
- Sage and ChatGPT generally excel at programming-related tasks and languages other than English.
- When given examples in the input, it may be easier to get Dragonfly to follow instructions because its responses are typically shorter.
- GPT-4 is the most powerful language model currently available, and it represents a significant advancement over ChatGPT. It excels in creative writing, solving math and physics problems, and following instructions.
Claude and Sage, for example, are not aware of what will happen after 2021, and Dragonfly may refuse to answer some questions. The app warns you when you start a conversation with a bot that it might make incorrect statements so you don’t take the answers at face value. These safeguards prevent bots from being manipulated to say harmful or incorrect things.
Poe and Quora do not currently have a direct connection. However, the company stated last month that Poe’s generated content could be distributed on the Q&A platform, which has more than 400 million monthly users, provided that certain criteria are met.
In addition to Poe, Duolingo announced a GPT-4-powered subscription that enables language learning with an AI-based tutor. Additionally, Microsoft broke its silence and confirmed that Bing had been employing GPT-4 all along. Additionally, the daily limit on Bing chat messages has been increased to 150. As a teaching assistant, an artificial intelligence assistant, according to Khan Academy, is currently in testing. On the other hand, it is something that students can use to get help with math and come up with story ideas.
More consumer applications will adopt this technology as a result of the recent bot announcements made by OpenAI and Anthropic.
- ‘The Masked Singer’ Releases the Rubber Ducky’s Identity: See the Star Hidden in the Mask - September 28, 2023
- How to plan a vacation with ChatGPT - September 28, 2023
- Ronald Acua Jr. is the first player in MLB history to record a 40/70 season - September 28, 2023