Cases of Omicron have been rapidly increasing, and it’s now typical to meet patients who have tested positive for Covid and are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as a cold, cough, headache, fever, and sore throat.
Because of the new strain’s moderate characteristics, the government’s home isolation guidelines propose a 7-day quarantine rather than a 10-day quarantine period for mild and asymptomatic infections.
While people are quickly recovering from this new strain, being locked in a room for a week and doing nothing can be difficult and have a negative impact on mental health. During home isolation, experts advise staying busy and developing a routine.
Create a routine
On preserving great mental health during the pandemic, MD (A.M) Psychotherapist, Gateway of Healing said, “It is important to follow a routine that includes exercise, nutrition, healthy eating habits, good sleep, frequent breaks and limited screen time.”
Continue to be active and listen to music
Try to incorporate a physical activity into your day, such as jogging, light exercise, or gentle dancing to your favourite music, to keep active and joyful. According to Counselling Psychologist, this releases endorphins, which are “happy hormones” that make us feel better.
Mindfulness is a good thing to do.
It’s easy to get drawn into negativity when you can’t leave your room and don’t connect with the outside world. When you’re alone with your thoughts, make sure you’re focusing on the correct ones; when you don’t have enough distractions, mindfulness activities and meditation can help you deal with negativity.
Breathing exercises can aid in the reduction of emotional distress. Making mindfulness a habit might help you improve your daily routine. Make time for meditation, gratitude, and keeping a notebook.
Self-care is important.
When you’re limited to a room, self-care becomes even more important, and that includes communicating with loved ones via text messages, phone conversations, or video exchanges.
“Identify the things and activities which give you emotional peace be it talking to a friend, re-watching a loved movie, reading a book or painting,” say Advisor.
Isolation at home guidelines
According to a consultant physician, there are several health standards you must observe during home isolation.
- Do not self-medicate; instead, seek medical advice before undergoing a blood test or radiological imaging such as a chest X-ray or a chest CT scan.
- Utensils, dishes, blankets, towels, and other personal items should not be shared with other family members. Hand hygiene should be practised by the patient.
- Disinfect remote controls, countertops, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom handles, and toilets, among other things.
- If you’re under a house quarantine, don’t invite anyone over.
- Jonas Brothers Tease New Bee Gees-Inspired Album - January 28, 2023
- Apple is developing tools to help customers in creating applications for an upcoming headset - January 28, 2023
- Mercedes becomes first certified Level-3-autonomy car company in the US - January 28, 2023